Russ Hadick & Associates, named by Forbes as one of the top 100 recruiting firms in the nation, has partnered with a Dayton-area client to fill their Production Supervisor position. The incumbent will plan, coordinate, organize, and control manufacturing to ensure the efficient production of products in the correct quantity, quality, and cost, per customer’s requirements.
Primary Job Functions
- Directs and coordinates, activities concerned with inventory and production of company product(s), utilizing knowledge of product technology, appropriate methods and procedures, and capabilities of machines, personnel and equipment.
- Strong focus on:
- Develop and maintain accurate production schedule based on monthly delivery objectives, ensuring cost containment in production process
- Works closely with Procurement to ensure parts are available for production at the time production is scheduled.
- Experience in Procurement a plus.
- Confers with management personnel to establish production and quality standards, quantities, specifications, and delivery dates of products ordered.
- Actively participate in the coordination of human and materials resources needed to achieve goals.
- Plans and directs production activities and establishes production priorities for products in keeping with efficient operations and cost factors.
- Develops manufacturing training discipline to achieve Lean manufacturing / Six Sigma / KANBAN / TPS objectives.
- Reviews production schedules to determine material requirements. Computes amount of material needed to complete job orders, applying knowledge of product and manufacturing processes.
- Prepares work schedules and gives work assignment to direct reports.
- Ensures inventory accuracy: proper usage of work orders/inventory transactions, periodic cycle counts, periodic clean-up of work orders
Qualifications & Experience
- 3 to 5 years experience in a Leader/Management role.
- 4 plus years of manufacturing engineering experience in a production environment, preferable electro-optical or electro-mechanical.
- Heavy Assembly experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of Lean manufacturing and techniques.
- Knowledge of practical application of engineering principles, techniques, procedures and equipment
- Experience in ISO 9001:2008 Certified QMS procedures.
- Experience with purchasing, expediting, MRP/ERP systems, manufacturing safety practices and Microsoft Office applications.
- Certificate in Six Sigma / Lean Manufacturing program a plus.
- Knowledge of a single piece flow production environment.
- Must be able to lead people not Manage them.
- Ability to be decisive with confidence and a strong sense of urgency.
- Good judgment skills, pays attention to detail.
- Excellent analytical skills;
- Proficiency with MS Office and related software;
- Exceptional written and verbal communication as well as interpersonal skills;
- Integrity and ability to maintain confidentiality in sensitive situations;
- Able to multi-task and manage conflicting priorities;
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines;
- Self-directed requiring minimal supervision and ability to exhibit initiative;
- Highly organized and & team oriented; ability to create a cohesive team as well as work-well in a management team-oriented environment
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills, as well as excellent mathematical skills;
- Ability to communicate to technical and non-technical internal customers;