Mid Java Developer
Are you interested in working for a company with a Google-like, employee-centric environment? Russ Hadick & Associates, named by Forbes as one of the top recruiting firms in the country, has joined forces with an innovative Columbus client to fill their Java Developer position. The incumbent will design, develop, test, document, and debug new and existing software systems and/or applications for market sale, as well as internal use. S/he will use java programming and related software development technologies (J2EE, JSP, JSF), serve as a technical expert on development projects, fully participate in all stages of development, write technical specifications based on conceptual design and stated business requirements, and support document software functionality.
Education: Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, or Associates Degree with 4-8 years IT Software Developer related experience or High School Diploma/GED with 6 years IT Software Developer experience.
Experience: 4-8 years IT Software Developer experience (in addition to any experience identified above). Technical knowledge usually acquired from an educational institution or through equivalent work experience.
• 5+ years of hands on Java/J2EE development;
• Practical application of Test Driven Development (TDD);
• 1+ years with Java Messaging Service (JMS) in an application server context;
• 1+ years of SOAP and JAX-WS Web Service development experience;
• Database experience (Oracle and DB2);
• Experience building java batch processes for large volume transactions;
• Experience with building CI/CD pipelines in Jenkins;
• Java Persistence API (JPA) for object to relational mapping, database access from Java project;
• SoapUI experience.
Additional Experience would be helpful:
• Docker, Containerization;
• Experience working on a Scrum team;
• JUnit, Mocking, Service Virtualizations;
• Unix/Linux shell scripting;
• WebLogic Application Server background;
• Working with Apache Camel;
• Working with complex queries;
• Working with MQ Series queues;
• Writing XSL stylesheets for message transformation.