Voice User Interface Designer
Russ Hadick & Associates, named by Forbes as one of the top 100 recruiting firms in the country, has partnered with a Columbus client to fill their Voice User Experience Designer position. The ideal candidate is a user experience professional who has transitioned to designing voice experiences, has a knack for understanding how people process the spoken word, and can design conversation flows that are effective and understandable.
• Understand and empathize with the customer’s user experience of using voice dialogs to interact with their energy company.
• Develop storyboards, conversation flow mockups, and audio prototypes to effectively communicate voice interaction and design ideas.
• Create detailed, comprehensive voice user interface (VUI) design specifications in collaboration with development team and product owner.
• Participate in usability testing to evaluate the usability and audio consistency of dialog flows, and recommend design changes.
• Develop and voice user interface design best practices and guidelines to ensure a consistent brand experience for users across voice products.
• Collaborate with product teams to define forward-looking features for the voice channel.
• Present and demonstrate voice interaction prototypes to stakeholders during product sprint reviews.
• Create companion touchscreen experiences for Amazon Echo Show and Google Assistant Smart Display.
• Work with colleagues in Corporate Communications on the marketing strategy for this new product and new features.
• Use Lucidcharts or similar tool to visualize conversation flows.
• At least 5 years professional experience as an interactive designer, user experience designer, UX writer, content strategist, or related roles.
• 1-2 years of professional experience with voice user interface (VUI) design and development.
• Experience in leading the end-to-end VUI design process.
• Experience creating detailed VUI specifications, user flows, wireframes, and prototypes.
• Experience writing voice prompts and prompt strategy, including regional dialect variations.
• Experience using data to drive decision-making.
• Experience presenting to and advising senior leadership on voice user experience design decisions or user research findings.
• Experience working on multidisciplinary agile teams and synthesizing feedback and input from product owners, development, business unit stakeholders, and user research.
• Curiosity with new technology and its potential to improve the customer experience.
• Experience in script writing, narrative game design or other creative writing.
• Understanding of speech and language technologies (speech recognition, natural language understanding).
• Visual user interface design skills, for creating companion screen experiences (Amazon Echo Show, Google Assistant Smart Display).
• Experience in designing and fine tuning directed dialog and natural language speech grammars.
• Experience working with AI concepts, voice-driven design, or multi-modal speech interfaces.