Key Account Manager
Ann Arbor, MI
Russ Hadick & Associates, named by Forbes as one of the top 100 recruiting firms in the country, has partnered with an Ann Arbor client to fill their Key Account Manager position. This incumbent will have two areas of focus which include a key account management role (sales) for a select group of customers and a leadership role for their Key Accounts. The role will require about 50% travel which is mostly day travel (a company car is provided).
The individual will be assigned large key accounts where they will work with the Business Areas (both service and equipment) to penetrate new and grow existing business. They will focus their efforts on creating customer relationships (both at the corporate and plant level) that will provide great insight into the customer’s organization in an effort to align our value-added products and services with the needs of these customers. A key objective for this role is to gain knowledge of our customer’s business practices, future strategies, capital spending, and key plant operations, and use Business Areas (technical team) to help define business strategies.
- Growth of new business – penetrating new plants
- Growth of existing business – extending our full range of products and services to our existing customer base
- Expertise in presenting products to our customer
- Develop automotive reference documents (both plant and corporate level)
- Conduct business reviews (measuring and demonstrating our value to the customer)
- Create and develop national contracts when the business case arises
- Establishing relationships with the business units to be seen as a valuable resource
- Manage and grow targeted customer relationships
- Educating our organization on the automotive industry activity, opportunities along with current and future trends
- Manage key account contacts
- Strategic advice for penetrating plant level contacts
- Look for new product development opportunities
- Bachelor’s degree required, MBA and engineering background preferred
- Six Sigma or Lean Manufacturing training or experience a plus
- 5+ years Industry Sales experience (either working in a plant or selling specifically into large corporations or plants)
- Direct sales experience in both service and capital equipment
- Documented sales experience in selling to corporate accounts.
- Hunting Mentality: A seasoned hunter focusing on capturing new business (key accounts). They thoroughly enjoy “the hunt” and maintain a tireless mental state to always grow the business.
- Networking/Relationships: Able to quickly build relationships and then continue to leverage these relationships into an ever-expanding network of people. Fundamentally beliefs should include the more people they know the better they can sell any product (deeper, wider, higher…).
- Drive: Driven to be a contributing part of a financially successful company. Never be content and always moving forward. Possessing high energy and a competitive spirit.
- Aptitude: The ability and desire to learn not only sales related responsibilities but also willing to learn the peripherals involved in our business such as an understanding of basic electrical and mechanical equipment.
- Communication: Professional in both their written and verbal communication skills as well as presentation skills. The ability to effectively communicate solution-based ideas to all levels of the customer organization. Understands the importance of listening as well as the ability to ask good, thought-provoking questions.