Embedded Software Engineer
Russ Hadick & Associates, Inc, a Forbes top 100 recruiting firm, has partnered with an established, growing, smaller client in the South Dayton area. This client is looking for an engineer who can help the team expand on its proven track record of quickly developing cost effective products that are easier to use, more reliable, and smarter than the competition. They are a small team where everyone is expected to have a broad perspective of all aspects of product design: analog, digital, software, mechanical, documentation, and lab and field testing in accordance with their skills, and desire to learn and grow. They are hands on where your successful efforts will make an immediate and visible impact on the team and company.
The ideal candidate brings to the team a mature software development mind-set to their current and next generation of products where software plays a key role in performance and ease of use.
From The manager:
This is a hands-on position and the developer should be comfortable working directly with hardware with an ability to read and understand schematics and make simple modifications to a board as necessary. For example, soldering a wire to a board and using an oscilloscope to confirm that the board/software are functioning correctly. The success of our products is based on the proper partitioning of functionality between analog, digital, and software disciplines. I desire and candidate with sufficiently broad perspective to assist in this task.
Our software processes are immature and the idea candidate will bring a level of discipline and maturity to the process to improve the current state. I see that as writing/helping to write development standards and procedures and bringing in proper revision control using GIT or a similar tool. Once in place, these documents should form the foundation for efficient, timely, and successful software development efforts
- You must be systematic, responsible, creative and willing to learn and grow.
- You must be able to function in a small informal team where everyone is driven make the company even more successful.
- Good oral and written communication skills in English are essential.
- Ability to architect software from a clean-sheet to full product family with multiple variants.
- 5 to 10 years experience in embedded programming in C
- Hands-on software development working with hardware to develop and refine hardware, software and requirements.
- Basic understanding of analog and digital circuity and design
- Experience with C++ (preferred)