Tipp City, OH 45371
This job has great upward mobility, will lead to promotion in the engineering team and/or your resume will be greatly enhanced with major cost savings on product lines. You will have a lot of Autonomy where you can pick and choose the products you want to work on. Other job duties are below
- Support design change cost savings projects for existing products, including alternative material investigation, alternative manufacturing processes, etc.
- Work with suppliers and other team members for ongoing cost savings idea generation.
- Assist in answering technical and drawing related questions from suppliers in “request for quote” projects that are issued by Sourcing.
- Review raw material and part specifications issued to suppliers for accuracy and completeness.
- Assist with verification and approval of minor product or process changes made by suppliers for cost or quality improvements.
- Assist with Sourcing activities like early supplier involvement in New Product Development process.
- Attend Engineering team ‘war room’ stand-up meetings twice per week to provide project updates and to stay aligned with the priorities of the Engineering team.
- Assist with special projects as needed (Quality, Cost, Manufacturing, and Drawing improvements).
- Coordinate to ensure that 3rd party certification requirements are met and maintained in cost savings projects i.e.: UL, CE, NSF, etc.
Must have worked on projects from A to Z
Experience with juggling multiple projects
Have a wide range of Electrical Engineering experience, can be redesigning electronics on PCBs, or working with Motors, or Electro-Mechanical systems, etc. The focus is on cost savings of various product lines
Able to work independently, job is in the sourcing, but this is an Engineering job that will work with the engineering team.
BSEE or BSEET